Respraying prices

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 craiggg

craiggg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,528 posts

Posted 20 Oct 2004 - 21:54

Average prices for a smallish car on the size of a corsa/clio/saxo/punto etc.

Any plain colour e.g. black

metallic colour

flip paint?

and is it also possible to get a metallic black, if somebody could whip up a pic of metallic black and the difference with normal black that would be cool

#2 ShadowWorks

ShadowWorks

Infra Demon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 20 Oct 2004 - 22:46

Well i dont think the size matters so much, as the prep time and quality of the paint.
Good paint is not cheap and cheap paint is not good.

The quality of the application is even more important to a good finish and the final coat and its a royal pain if you dont have a dust free spray booth.

Well a suppose a half decent cheap respray will cost £800, you can get it done for £300 by a Jimmy and it will show!!! Orange peel is a term you dont want use to discribe your paint job.

I full quality respray will cost £1500, now the difference is your car will look brand new.

If you have the time and want to learn, DIY it, you will be surprised how much you learn, getting all the kit wont cost as much as paying some muppet do respray your car, plus you can repair your car should you need to, or if vandles come round one day.

Demonic Bass
www.shadowworks.co.uk

#3 Mr.Heathen

Mr.Heathen

Extreme Noise Terror.

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 00:07

I think £1500 for a full respray is a bit on the conservative side unless you are just doing the outside of the car & not the sills & under bonnet etc.

That's ok if it's just a blow over in the same colour but if you do it that way to change the colour you're going to get lines showing where the panels meet, when you open the doors & boot & bonnet. If you are changing the colour completely then you need to get a proper, panels off, quality job for which you're going to be looking at about £3000.

Flip paint will cost you £2000 - £3000 just for the paint & the same again to spray it, it's not easy to do it right so you really need to find someone who knows what they're doing or it'll look sh!te.

Is god willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is god both able & willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god?

#4 Alistair

Alistair

Retired

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,164 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 08:08

I heard of a lad who had a Saxo done in Candy for £2000 all in, and boy did it look it LOL.

Occasionally you find a place that does cheap resprays which turn out nice work. Not often though.

colour changes are a pain and you will be charged extra for this.

I'm gonner sound like a bummer here, but I quite enjoy the hole activty

Maybe the government should stop telling me to stop eating thick sliced white bread and tell people to stop smoking crack instead.

#5 lints

lints

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 10:07

didn't realise how expensive it was tbh, mines going in tomorrow for a full respray, proper glass out, doors off job with all the panels straightened - and it's costing me nothing which is nice :) although im going to be eternally grateful judging by how much it would have cost if i were paying, but i supose theres loads of time spent in the prep and rebuilding the car after so alot of the money is on the time spent doing all that.

#6 J-Man

J-Man

I ♥ VALVE

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 10:21

didn't realise how expensive it was tbh, mines going in tomorrow for a full respray, proper glass out, doors off job with all the panels straightened - and it's costing me nothing which is nice :) although im going to be eternally grateful judging by how much it would have cost if i were paying, but i supose theres loads of time spent in the prep and rebuilding the car after so alot of the money is on the time spent doing all that.

Something inside me is telling me to make friends with you straight away! ;) :lol:

#7 craiggg

craiggg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,528 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 10:29

lints where in manchester you having it done mate, any possible piccies after its finished?

#8 DanStwo

DanStwo

Dita-atar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 10:54

One word for you:

www.artnbody2000.co.uk

well its a web address really but :)

They did some airbrush work for me and it was fantastic... I have done the website but i am waiting for some more pictures to put on.

Ring them up and ask for a quote :)
Dan
No Audio :(

#9 lints

lints

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 14:37

had some reasonably bad news... up until a few minutes ago the respray was 100% going to happen, but certain issues have arrisen where by im going to have to wait till 4pm tomorrow to find out for definate. i'm 80% sure it will happen over the next week if certain factors don't go against me.

basically im (hopefully) getting the spray for gratis because i did a skill swop as such sorting out this bodyshops ads and brochure (so it cost me time but no money) in return for sorting my car, things are really slow in this market at the minute and it's reached the stage where it's touch and go on the companies survival - they could litterally have no premises and business very shortly indeed.

I've everything crossed that things will still go ahead - and i've been told it will be honoured - but im not counting my chickens just yet...

i'll know more by the end of tomorrow though :)

lifes a b1tch sometimes :)

#10 Mr.Heathen

Mr.Heathen

Extreme Noise Terror.

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 14:46

had some reasonably bad news... up until a few minutes ago the respray was 100% going to happen, but certain issues have arrisen where by im going to have to wait till 4pm tomorrow to find out for definate. i'm 80% sure it will happen over the next week if certain factors don't go against me.

basically im (hopefully) getting the spray for gratis because i did a skill swop as such sorting out this bodyshops ads and brochure (so it cost me time but no money) in return for sorting my car, things are really slow in this market at the minute and it's reached the stage where it's touch and go on the companies survival - they could litterally have no premises and business very shortly indeed.

I've everything crossed that things will still go ahead - and i've been told it will be honoured - but im not counting my chickens just yet...

i'll know more by the end of tomorrow though :)

lifes a b1tch sometimes :)

Best of luck to ya fella... After putting the work in it would be pretty fekking criminal for them not to honour their obligation to you, obviously if the business goes under there's not going to be much you can do about it so I'll cross my fingers for you...

Is god willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is god both able & willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god?

#11 lints

lints

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 14:59

cheers mate :), it's just one of those things, im not going to get mad about it because i do trust the owner and tbh i feel dead sorry for him as i've seen him doing all he can to pull things round it's just reached the stage where every day money is being lost hand over fist and the longer it goes on the worse it will get.

what will be, will be.

im still quietly confident it will happen, but it's going to be a long wait till 4pm tomorrow. i've offered to pay material costs to try and salvage the situation but all i can do is wait now. if it does get done it should look good though, im going for audi lava grey a change of grill and abit of flushing so (on a mk2 golf) with any luck i'll have some good news by close of play tomorrow - either that or an appointment with a lovely bottle of russian water to help ease the blow ;)

#12 Mr.Heathen

Mr.Heathen

Extreme Noise Terror.

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 15:43

Seems like everyone is struggling to hang onto their business this year apart from certain sectors of the IT industry... Whoa! I was going to start going WAAAY off topic there. Lol.

That Audi Lava Grey is looovely, should look sweet on your Golf, let us know how it works out. :)

#13 Crazychick

Crazychick

Crazy and proud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 15:49

When I was going to have a rainbow metallic flake job down to my white metro I was looking at £2000 but that was cheaper as the paint shop owed me a favour. That was baremetal respray.. I think he said if I wanted it just flip and I was a normal customer I was looking at from £2000. But he does spend a long time on prep and I have yet to see a bad job from him.

When I keep a car for long enough I will take it into get resprayed.
-------------------------------------------

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#14 craiggg

craiggg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,528 posts

Posted 21 Oct 2004 - 16:41

One word for you:

www.artnbody2000.co.uk

well its a web address really but :)

They did some airbrush work for me and it was fantastic... I have done the website but i am waiting for some more pictures to put on.

Ring them up and ask for a quote :)

slyghtly wierd....

they have a last name myatt... and i just got a girls number and her last name is the same, they are also based in the same area, if this is her dad i'm gunna get into her sharpish lol