• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fazman

Fazman

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 Jan 2002 - 23:28

Just wondered if they were any good and also what sort of wattage they were. Can get hold of it for about £50 but need it to run a JL W6 cheers
FAZ
Clarion HX-D2 Headunit - DLS Gothia 6.3's 3 way speakers - Genesis Dual Mono and Four channel amplifiers - JL Audio 10 W7 Subwoofer

#2 Benny

Benny

Retired Mod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,988 posts

Posted 21 Jan 2002 - 23:39

I'll see what I can find out, cos I work for Philips.

Didn't know we made amps, though!

B

<veganzombie> Graaaaaaaiiiiinnssss.....

..:Labouring points since January 2002:..

#3 Fazman

Fazman

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 22 Jan 2002 - 17:16

Cheers that would be a right help as i can`t get any info anywhere else.
Clarion HX-D2 Headunit - DLS Gothia 6.3's 3 way speakers - Genesis Dual Mono and Four channel amplifiers - JL Audio 10 W7 Subwoofer

#4 Benny

Benny

Retired Mod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,988 posts

Posted 22 Jan 2002 - 17:30

Personally, I wouldn't bother mate. I've had a word with a couple of people here, and all of them have told m that the division that makes these (PCC - Philips Car Components) usually sells them OEM to car manufacturers for use in the "premium" sound systems (i.e. those cars that have amps as standard.)

We have only seen one of them here, and that was knackered. If I were you, I'd go with one of the main brands. Philips do make some good products (sorry, marketing guy here holding a Tazer to my testicles!) but I wouldn't bother with their car audio stuff.

My Laguna had a Philips CD player when I bought it, and although there was nothing wrong with it, there wasn't much right with it either. Yes, it played CDs, but it wasn't terribly exciting. So out it came!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here - some of the other guys will probably help you more, but hopefully I've saved you from buying a turkey!

What sort of power output do you need?

B

<veganzombie> Graaaaaaaiiiiinnssss.....

..:Labouring points since January 2002:..

#5 Fazman

Fazman

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 Jan 2002 - 21:22

Cheers for that i thought it was a bit but hey. I need one about 300 watts RMS to runt he Jl W6. So will probably have to buy there 500.1.
FAZ