Fi BTL Vs GZ Nuclear..

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jaas123

Jaas123

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 Mar 2012 - 23:10

Got a 12" BTL right now, sounds awesome... but thinking to change to a 12" GZ nuclear... i just need opinions on what you think will be louder and lower ... just cant make my mind up...
12" Fi BTL
Kenwood KVT-725 DVD
Hifonics Brutus 2608D
Epicenter Bass Restoration

#2 bassboy

bassboy

Trade User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 05 Mar 2012 - 01:14

Why do YOU think the GZ will be better?

Dont forget your only giving the sub approx 1600wrms 'book' figure...

teamSPB - Authorised Retailers of Ascendant Audio, SPL Dynamics, B2 Audio, Ground Zero, Mosconi, Gladen Audio, Silent Coat, Audiocontrol, Second Skin, just to name a few!

Builders of Project D*FN you << Click for the build thread!! Youtube Link - bassboyatteamspb

www.teamspb.co.uk Godfathers of Sound!

#3 ShaqG

ShaqG

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 Mar 2012 - 12:20

If you think the BTL's awesome then there's no argument to change imo, what matters is what makes you happy. The nuclear will probably sound a little different, but I'd be very surprised if it is significantly louder or drops lower. I'd probably try get a listen to a set up using the nuclear and see which you think sounds better.

#4 Just_me123

Just_me123

Banned

• PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 Mar 2012 - 22:56

If you're gonna change to the Nuclear it would only be worth it if you massively upped the power IMO!.

#5 Jaas123

Jaas123

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 Mar 2012 - 22:49

Hmmm... i think im going to stick with the BTL... but whats your opinions on a BTL vs hcca? ive owned alot of subs, kicker, pioneer, SPL, Pro Plus... but always said i wont get a hcca because i didnt want anything that others have, wanted a unique sub, thats why i got my hands on a BTL... but how do they compare to each other and if you guys had a choice, what would you go for? 12" BTL or 12" hcca...
12" Fi BTL
Kenwood KVT-725 DVD
Hifonics Brutus 2608D

#6 HeavyBassHead

HeavyBassHead

Gallery Link Below

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 09 Mar 2012 - 07:22

Btl personally I've heard both hcca seem to play brilliantly on the lows but I just didn't like the sound.
HBH Box Building....
Currently Bassles.........

#7 ShaqG

ShaqG

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 Mar 2012 - 13:32

The HCCA does have a very different sound to the BTL. From the installs I've heard they do the lows effortlessly but lack the snap and punch at the higher frequencies, which is all good and well if everything you play is sub-35hz but not so great for playing the more "ordinary" songs. The BTL can still play low and loud but it remains quite aggressive at the higher frequencies too. Again, the only real way to work out which route you should head down is by getting a listen to a few installs using the HCCAs and see if you like them.

#8 Jaas123

Jaas123

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 Mar 2012 - 22:16

Yeah, i listen to hcca installs all day long, havent heard or no anyone with a BTL instal or a even a Fi sub, so its hard to compare... when i go to shows, im the only one with a Fi sub lol
12" Fi BTL
Kenwood KVT-725 DVD
Hifonics Brutus 2608D

#9 Just_me123

Just_me123

Banned

• PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 09 Mar 2012 - 22:21

What about Kicker Solo X's?! Epic subs!!!

#10 thejoose

thejoose

Project Little White

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,019 posts

Posted 10 Mar 2012 - 18:40

I have been where you are dude - wanting to change subs because you think another sub will give you more - a BTL is a pretty high end sub - not alot will beat it - sounds like you need more subs or a bigger set up - a HCCA will monstor the lows but you lose on musicality - what about a 2nd BTL and more power?

#11 wayne n

wayne n

Northern (((Pd))) Judge

• PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 Mar 2012 - 17:57

Recones for the BTL's are easier and cheaper to obtain than the Hcca's.
Termlab owner in WF2.

#12 QuinnyGT

QuinnyGT

Irish Boomer

• PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 Mar 2012 - 06:40

How about giving the BTL It's RMS power or a little over it, that sub would eat 2.5Kw daily no problem, that would be my choice over changing sub
Alpine 9886R, Audiocontrol Epic 160, Vibe Deltabox, 2 Hifonics 2607D, 2 Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18's, Flat Wall 16cuft tuned to 30Hz, Ascendant Audio 7" Carbon Mids with 1" Sears Tweeters X4, SPL D 4channel amp, Alpine PXE H650
Best of 149.9 @32hz, plenty more to come
The Build:
http://www.talkaudio...oomrolla-build/

#13 lakanooky2

lakanooky2

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 15 Mar 2012 - 08:33

You are only tickling it with 1600rms ish. I would go for 2.5k - 3k and then see it wang. I should know i have 2.

Edited by lakanooky2, 15 Mar 2012 - 11:07.

'(@)'(@)''''''''''"'''''''''''***(@)(@********(@)