• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mannparry

Mannparry

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 15:06

Ok, sorted the oil leak, now Iv got a fuel problem. Van was running the otherday then cut out, Iv been doing work on the van so wasn't sure if Iv put a screw through something or whats going on. It will start if I manualy pump the fuel through which would suggest a fuel pump problem. Its getting power at the bit under the bonnet where the manual pump is, Im assuming thats the actuall fuel pump but Im not sure? Iv taken the tank off and tested there for power on the bit ontop of the fuel tank, I think that may just be for the fuel gauge though again not sure. Any ideas what to do next?
Addicted to horns!

#2 Mannparry

Mannparry

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 16:33

Right, its not the pump as Iv tried swapping that for the one off my work van. The pumps not pumping fuel out though. I removed the pipe (out) from the pump and nothing comes out with the ignition on where as on the other van it does (with both pumps) I dont seem to be able to get any power from the multiplug that go's into the top of the fuel tank? Iv read theres another pump on some models in the tank? Could it be the relay? If so which one is the fuel pump relay?
Addicted to horns!

#3 ibby

ibby

IT+Taxi = Resturant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:30

u checked fuses?

RIP Harry Bo 1984-2010
You Will be remembered

TalkLPG.com

The Home Of Car LPG Conversions

#4 Mannparry

Mannparry

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 16:47

Yeah checked them. Wouldn't that of been nice! :(
Addicted to horns!

#5 ibby

ibby

IT+Taxi = Resturant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 20:28

check wiring to see if it has a 12+ feed @ pump end.

RIP Harry Bo 1984-2010
You Will be remembered

TalkLPG.com

The Home Of Car LPG Conversions

#6 Mannparry

Mannparry

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:30

check wiring to see if it has a 12+ feed @ pump end.

Iv alraedy got the fuel tank off, I tetsed for power on the multiplug that go's in to the top of it and there doesn't seem to be any getting there. Theres power at the actual fuel pump under the bonnet, Iv read theres another pump in the tank on some models. Is it fused somewhere other than the fusebox? Could it be a relay or something?
Addicted to horns!

#7 matt1127

matt1127

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:16

Ok this is a diesel as your sayin it's got a hand primer under the bonnet

What engine????

#8 Mannparry

Mannparry

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 13:41

Its the 1.9 td 54 plate
Addicted to horns!

#9 mitchell ramsell

mitchell ramsell

• 2 posts

Posted 12 Nov 2011 - 21:38

I've currently got the exact same problem on my 04 reg vivaro. 12v to main pump although fuel primer pump doesnt seem to be doing anything!?
Van will run if someone primes the grenade constantly but as soon as they stop the van will cut out! could it be because i have disconnected the battery the van has immobilised itself somehow? any advice would be appreshiated!!

#10 robb15

robb15

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 13 Nov 2011 - 13:44

Sound's like the relay to me tbh. Have a look and see if there is another relay of the same spec you can swap over to confirm it.

#11 mitchell ramsell

mitchell ramsell

• 2 posts

Posted 19 Nov 2011 - 17:51

swapped relays although it would be nice if i could find a diagram on the internet of the relays explaning which does what!
has the person who had the same fault rectified it yet? if so anyone have any idea what he did?

#12 Mannparry

Mannparry

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 02 Dec 2011 - 00:10

swapped relays although it would be nice if i could find a diagram on the internet of the relays explaning which does what!
has the person who had the same fault rectified it yet? if so anyone have any idea what he did?

Sorry, missed this post. It was the main fuel pump that was at fault, theres a spindle in the middle of the fuel pump that snapped off completely. Cost me a small fortune to replace thanks to the high pressure systems that are fitted on modern diesels to keep down emissions. Gotta love the government!
Addicted to horns!