• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 puggie

puggie

Cheers HB ;)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,765 posts

Posted 24 Feb 2011 - 15:56

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two versions of the pioneer CD-IB100 ipod intercace apart from V1 being silver and V2 being black?

Thanks
Triple point

The triple point of a substance is the temperature and pressure at which three phases (for example, gas, liquid, and solid) of that substance coexist

For example the temperature and pressure of my arse during a bad fart after a good curry!

#2 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

A change of direction AGAIN...

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2011 - 00:39

Well I own both of these adapters and as far as I can tell you've hit the nail on the head with your observation.

Admittedly I've only used them with an old P99R, and funtionality wise they're identical. Apart from the case colour, the only other difference I can make out is the cable used for the ipod lead differs between the models.
I used them with an older 4th gen ipod (big white one with a clickwheel) and a first gen Nano, so couldn't say if there were any compatability differences with newer ipods. Since I got hold of a newer 4th gen nano and and Alpine CDA 7998R/kca420i combo, they've been packed away for a rainy day.

The most irritating thing about them both though, is the limited character display on older headunits. Oh, and the really odd menu system is VERY user un-friendly. Alpine's take on this is far better IMO, although still far from perfect.

Anything specific you'd like me to try, I could get them on the bench and have a look if you like?
Project 'headroom' -------- Alpine CDA-7998R - 2 x Alpine MRD-M1000 running a JL10W3V2 each - 2 x Alpine MRV-T320 each running a DLS UP6's -1 Alpine MRV-T320 running DLS UP1's

will go round to mates and take a picture of his cavity as mine has a sub box shoved in it

#3 puggie

puggie

Cheers HB ;)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,765 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2011 - 01:20

Nothing specific, the older V1 is about £10 cheaper s/h just wondered if there was any real reason why. itt will be running a last gen classic iPod into a DEH-P65BT, so fairly modern HU but limited display. Can you still control the iPod from the click wheel when its connected to the HU or does it lock the iPod out?

Edited by puggie, 25 Feb 2011 - 01:21.

Triple point

The triple point of a substance is the temperature and pressure at which three phases (for example, gas, liquid, and solid) of that substance coexist

For example the temperature and pressure of my arse during a bad fart after a good curry!

#4 ARC

ARC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2011 - 06:17

No. The iPod becomes "locked" as soon as you plug it in.

#5 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

A change of direction AGAIN...

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2011 - 18:22

Nothing specific, the older V1 is about £10 cheaper s/h just wondered if there was any real reason why. itt will be running a last gen classic iPod into a DEH-P65BT, so fairly modern HU but limited display. Can you still control the iPod from the click wheel when its connected to the HU or does it lock the iPod out?

No. The iPod becomes "locked" as soon as you plug it in.

Beaten to it!

TBH if you still want to use the Ipod control as opposed to the H/U, then you'd be better off just using a Pioneer P-bus Aux in adapter. The Aux in can be switched 'on' via a hidden menu, and then accessed by cycling through the souces. But then you probably knew that anyway.
I'm not so sure it will charge your classic, as the IB100's use a 12v charging signal. The newer stuff tends to use 5v due to USB charging convenience. Although I'm sure someone else on here will have tried this with a classic and can confirm or deny accordingly..
Project 'headroom' -------- Alpine CDA-7998R - 2 x Alpine MRD-M1000 running a JL10W3V2 each - 2 x Alpine MRV-T320 each running a DLS UP6's -1 Alpine MRV-T320 running DLS UP1's

will go round to mates and take a picture of his cavity as mine has a sub box shoved in it

#6 ARC

ARC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2011 - 20:46

I don't have any problem charging my iPhone with the newer one. That's at 5v.

#7 Blinkybill

Blinkybill

Trade User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts

Posted 26 Feb 2011 - 16:57

You can modify the ib100 to allow control from the iPod and not on the screen, requires a light blue colour to be cut in the loom inside the unit, easy todo :)