• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DMRider_10

DMRider_10

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 22 Nov 2010 - 21:13

The exhaust on my 206 started blowing yesterday. Where the centre joins the backbox, the pipe has a flared (trumpet looking) end and the backbox has a conical (bell-end like) fitting. These are joined together with a V band type clamp.

The flared end of the mid pipe has broken off. The rest of the exhaust is in good condition etc.

Does anyone know if the cat and mid pipe are one piece or does the mid pipe just slide into the cat?

Its not obvious looking under the car fromt he side, thanks

#2 spanerman30

spanerman30

Sadly no longer with us. We'll miss you Sam.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 22 Nov 2010 - 21:58

If it an underfloor cat then they are separate pipes, the flanges go then the exhaust drops.

Either weld it up or get it replaced

#3 Chas

Chas

80s Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,247 posts

Posted 22 Nov 2010 - 22:56

I am fairly sure that they are separate pipes. The mid pipe does indeed slide onto a sleeve the cat has.

If it has rusted at the trumpet end, the chances are that the backbox is also goosed (a common rot spot on the exhaust on 306s and 206s). It would probably pay to renew both parts in one hit.
Money will not make you happy, but at least you will be miserable in comfort.

There is no sin except stupidity

#4 spanerman30

spanerman30

Sadly no longer with us. We'll miss you Sam.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 22 Nov 2010 - 23:00

I am fairly sure that they are separate pipes. The mid pipe does indeed slide onto a sleeve the cat has.

If it has rusted at the trumpet end, the chances are that the backbox is also goosed (a common rot spot on the exhaust on 306s and 206s). It would probably pay to renew both parts in one hit.

I just did 100% of mine, it wasnt too pricey and at least i know its ok for another few years...