11 replies to this topic

#1 Fyanm8655

Fyanm8655

Astra 1.8sri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,746 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2010 - 18:28

Hi chaps,

I've had a uncharacteristically high vodafone bill and need a bit of advice.

I'm on a plan with 900 minutes and unlimited texts and internet for £35/month.

Typically my bills are about £45/50 per month inclusive of the £35/month but no more.

This month my bill is more than double that and it was totally unexpected, I guess I could have just lost track of the number of minutes I was using.

My bill isn't itemised but am I entitled to know exactly what they have charged me for? All of the extra is on calls, I do know that much.

Is there anything I can add to my plan (anyone work for vodafone :lol:) to lower my bills, unlimited vodafone to vodafone calls is something I am pretty sure they do? I was reluctant to get it as well as 900 minutes though as I was pretty sure I only went over because of calls to numbers not included in my minutes. Is there anything I can say to get this added with no extra charge? It is the iphone contract, as I understand the tarriffs are different, I used to have unlimited home phone calls for free but this was removed when I got the iphone tarriff.

I never went over my minutes with O2 so struggle to understand how I do with vodafone. Did spend a lot of time on the phone to various 0845/0800 numbers this month though as I've been sorting things like phone and internet.

All advice much appreciated, could do without this happening again.

Cheers, Ryan.
EAT A BEAVER SAVE A TREE!!

#2 lynothehammer

lynothehammer

Devices Mate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2010 - 18:58

0845/0800 aren't included in free minutes and usually cost a fair bit to ring from mobiles, best to ring them from a home phone line.

Do they not offer an online billing system ? I'd call them back and ask if they can email you a statement, not sure they can but certainly can't hurt to ask.

As I say, if you say you've been ringing 0845/0800's then thats probably the cause.

Hope this helps mate.

L
"Devices performs homosexual acts on me on a daily basis and I love it'

#3 Fyanm8655

Fyanm8655

Astra 1.8sri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,746 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2010 - 19:05

Cheers for the reply dude, managed to access my itemised bill online :)

Just going through it and I've just gone way over my minutes by the seems of things.

£35 was on calling the missus, she's at home for summer so been calling her a fair amount.

A portion of it is the 0800/0845 numbers I've been calling although I've not gone through how much.

And then the rest would be down to being over my minutes from calling the missus more I imagine.

Still a big shock though as she's been home for a month before and my bills haven't been that high... but for my inclusive minutes my calls would have cost £220 and they were £60 so I guess it's just that their charges are ridiculous once you do go over your minutes.

Live and learn, wasn't even going to open the bill, glad I did now :lol:

EDIT:

Already used 374 of my minutes since the 2nd of July...Definitely using my house phone more...:neutral:

Edited by ryanm8655, 10 Jul 2010 - 19:09.

#4 lynothehammer

lynothehammer

Devices Mate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2010 - 19:21

It's quite frightening when you go over your minutes, I did that a few months ago before I went on holiday and I nearly shat myself when I got the bill.

Does your missus bell you ? if not tell her to pull her finger out, or charge her... ;)
"Devices performs homosexual acts on me on a daily basis and I love it'

#5 Fyanm8655

Fyanm8655

Astra 1.8sri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,746 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2010 - 19:25

It's quite frightening when you go over your minutes, I did that a few months ago before I went on holiday and I nearly shat myself when I got the bill.

Does your missus bell you ? if not tell her to pull her finger out, or charge her... ;)

She used to but she had a high phone bill not too long ago and so lately I've been ringing her back but deffo going to stop doing that now :lol: As her idea of a high phone bill is very different to mine!

#6 Step

Step

Dirty bit... fsutil dirty query C:

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2010 - 20:18

I winm somewhere i have a copy of my old O2 bill from may 2002 when they stopped giving everyone on contract free data. just over the £1800.00 mark :lol:
Going active, quick way to make the back of your dash look like spaghetti

#7 laft2k

laft2k

Old Skool!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2010 - 20:25

I have a great Vodafone contract that gives me 1200 any network mins, unlimited landlines, unlimited text and unlimited data for £25 per month on a 12 month contract. I got fed up of going over my minutes so went for a sim only deal which I now never go over.

Back to stock :(

#8 EF MAX

EF MAX

Dr. E

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 11 Jul 2010 - 03:24

I have a great Vodafone contract that gives me 1200 any network mins, unlimited landlines, unlimited text and unlimited data for £25 per month on a 12 month contract. I got fed up of going over my minutes so went for a sim only deal which I now never go over.

2nd THAT.... great deal..

BUT if you must call 0800 numbers from your mobile, then dial this number first - +44 1236210800

IT IS NOT A SCAM.. you dial this number, they ask you then to dial the 0800 number you want and away you go. You get billed as if it is a normal landline number. I have been using it now for just over a year and it is always listed and billed as a normal landline number.

#9 m1pui

m1pui

Its only 1.21 Gigawatts..

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 11 Jul 2010 - 22:11

Also, since you're using an iPhone, download 'Call Saver' I think is the apps name. Gives you access to online database where you can get landline equivalents for quite a few companies non-geo' numbers.
Pui

ThatKevinSmith
Fellas, I'll be 40 in August. And as a nearly 40-year old, may I assure you young men of the following: jerking off never loses its luster.

#10 abbotsmike

abbotsmike

Walking :(

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 12 Jul 2010 - 00:02

www.saynoto0870.com

#11 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

A change of direction AGAIN...

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 12 Jul 2010 - 00:03

Obviously your Mrs is on voda too right? If not, get her a PAYG sim and get her to create a vodafone family group. It costs a fiver a month and you get unlimited calls (up to an hour each time, just hang up and call back on the hour) for that month to your chosen voda mobile numbers. You can add this as an option to your contract, but why should you pay the extra when your Mrs could pay the extra fiver, even on PAYG?
You can add the 4 friends numbers to the voda family option (including your own) for that fiver, or make it a total of seven numbers for £7.

This is especially cool if you have a lot of mates on Voda, as ANY of the listed numbers can call ANY of the others at anytime and get the same deal, so you can each take it in turns to have the family deal and spread the cost. Once in the list, it's 60mins of free call anytime, then hang up and call back.

I phoned Voda up and asked if this included conference calls, and YES you can even do that under the terms of the family deal. So all 7 people can be online at the same time in one massive free conference call. Tried it with four of us and it can be quite entertaining!
Mad eh?
Project 'headroom' -------- Alpine CDA-7998R - 2 x Alpine MRD-M1000 running a JL10W3V2 each - 2 x Alpine MRV-T320 each running a DLS UP6's -1 Alpine MRV-T320 running DLS UP1's

will go round to mates and take a picture of his cavity as mine has a sub box shoved in it

#12 Lord Lucan

Lord Lucan

Wibbly-wobbly

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 12 Jul 2010 - 08:48

www.saynoto0870.com

What he said ^^^^^^^^

Also, if you are on andriod then get the saynoto0870 app from the market.
It works brilliantly on my desire.
R.I.P. Harry Bo 1984-2010

I am officially a bumbaclut!