• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

A change of direction AGAIN...

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 15 Sep 2009 - 22:37

Picked one of these old school units up at the weekend, and it's in fantastic condition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, thats a TAPE DECK people.
Rumoured to be the best that Alpine made though. Copper chassis, pre-out only, AINET connection, which is nice.

Question is though, would it be worth keeping hold of this unit and sourcing a CD changer? I've got an AINET to RCA Aux adapter, but I can't fnd a way of activating an aux in mode (probably because it doesn't have one) or fooling it into thinking the CD changer's connected so I can use the adapter and an Ipod.

Any opinions/experience/advice is apreciated guys. Also any idea what (if anything) it may be worth, as I've had no reply to my thread in the spam section.

Cheers.
Project 'headroom' -------- Alpine CDA-7998R - 2 x Alpine MRD-M1000 running a JL10W3V2 each - 2 x Alpine MRV-T320 each running a DLS UP6's -1 Alpine MRV-T320 running DLS UP1's

will go round to mates and take a picture of his cavity as mine has a sub box shoved in it

#2 iDMAX

iDMAX

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 08:40

I think the 7620e is the best alpine made followed by 7619 / 7618
Alpine IVA W505R
Alpine PDX 4.150 SOLD
Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5 SOLD
Genesis 6 x 9 Subs SOLD

#3 zak

zak

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 09:24

They are real nice decks but the rotary knobs always fail on them and they become a pain.
mk1 Golf GTI

#4 Piston Broke

Piston Broke

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 13:14

Picked one of these old school units up at the weekend, and it's in fantastic condition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, thats a TAPE DECK people.
Rumoured to be the best that Alpine made though. Copper chassis, pre-out only, AINET connection, which is nice.

Question is though, would it be worth keeping hold of this unit and sourcing a CD changer? I've got an AINET to RCA Aux adapter, but I can't fnd a way of activating an aux in mode (probably because it doesn't have one) or fooling it into thinking the CD changer's connected so I can use the adapter and an Ipod.

Any opinions/experience/advice is apreciated guys. Also any idea what (if anything) it may be worth, as I've had no reply to my thread in the spam section.

Cheers.

I think you should get a KCA 420 adaptor. thats AInet one end and Ipod at the other, don't think it will display much though. Maybe somebody near you has one you could try out....:)

Best Regards Andy B.

Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X in Magnum Grey, Alpine W200RI, TUE200DVB, CHA624, rear screens and DVD player as standard fit. Alpine PXA H701, Genesis 5 channel > HAT L4's, L1V2's in A pillars and JL 10W6v2 sub. Genesis 4 channel bridged > HAT L6's in front doors. Genesis SM100 > Infinity 6822's in rear doors. CTR channel still to do...

VW Golf MK4 4motion in Jazz Blue, Alpine INA-W910Ri lots to do...

VW Golf MK3.5 colour concept in yellow.

#5 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

A change of direction AGAIN...

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 17:46

Sussed it!

Connected up my AINET to RCA Aux in adapter, went into the sub menu and disabled the audio muting.
Then you have to ground out the pink and white telephone mute wire and hey presto, we have a controllable aux in! :raz:

OK, the display reads INTERRUPT, but who cares. It make the HU fully useable with any aux in source for free. And it sounds pretty damn sweet too.
Project 'headroom' -------- Alpine CDA-7998R - 2 x Alpine MRD-M1000 running a JL10W3V2 each - 2 x Alpine MRV-T320 each running a DLS UP6's -1 Alpine MRV-T320 running DLS UP1's

will go round to mates and take a picture of his cavity as mine has a sub box shoved in it