Problem with sunvisor monitor . . .

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 *ady*

*ady*

• 4 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2007 - 16:33

hello everyone.

I'm sorry to have to start my first post with a problem, but i'm hoping someone can help me because i'm fast running out of ideas and it's now getting to the point where i just want to rip the bl**dy lot out and leave it. Right rant over . . . . my problem . . . . .

I have installed two sunvisor monitors in my car. They are running off a DVD head unit. The signal is split via a simple 'Y' lead. Now when i first installed the TV's they worked absolutely fine. I was impressed with the quality and was dead chuffed.

A couple of months ago i took my car in for some work on the bodywork. Now the company obviously dis-connected the battery as all the stereo settings had re-set etc. Now the one really odd thing is, now when i switch the DVD player on and the two screens one of the screens is in black & white and the menus are in Japanese or something, but the other one is in colour and in English.

I have tried re-wiring the whole system so as to start a fresh. I have also tried running just the one screen straight to the DVD player but with the same results. through powers of elimination i'm now convinced it something to do with the screen, but can't find any sort of menu for changing any settings ??

Oh yeah, not sure whether this has any relevance, but i noticed today that the screen that works ok is running on 'channel 1' or something, and the screen that's not working correctly is running on 'channel 2'.

here is a pic of the screens when they were working . . . . .

Posted Image

i hope that all makes sense . . .any help is VERY welcome !! :(

#2 nige

nige

Rest in Peace Cass

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,784 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2007 - 16:37

These types of screens are usually two channel (two inputs), and you can swap between NTSC and PAL formats. Thsi could be the problem. Also, they usually have a reset feature in the menu.
--Alpine F#1--Amps by Gordon Taylor--Dynaudio Esotar2--Silent Coat Extra--14 volt--

#3 *ady*

*ady*

• 4 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2007 - 16:40

wow . . .thanks for the quick reply . . . .anyone know how to reset them ?
the 'destructions' for these are a bit 'sparse'
www.havemorefun.co.uk > home of the Eastern Region MX5 owners club

#4 jc_333

jc_333

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2007 - 16:46

Looks like a nice little MX5 u got there.

See if there are any reset buttons on the visor or any mention of settings in the manual. If all else fails maybe call the company you purchased the screens from.

What brand and model are they?

J
Starting back up again....

Clarion HX-D2/DLS Nob 5.2/IDMAX12/Genesis DM/DMX

#5 *ady*

*ady*

• 4 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2007 - 16:52

thanks btw ......
this is the car from the outside ........

Posted Image

i know your all going to shudder, but they were from e-bay.
i've got the boxes and they are brand new, but bizzarely there is no manufacturers name on the box.
No mention of a reset either.
I did look for one but couldn't find one. . . . . . i think i better pop out to the car and have another good look . . . .
www.havemorefun.co.uk > home of the Eastern Region MX5 owners club